- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: IT & Developer Tools
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: microblink.com
- Company Address: Primary 10 Grand St, Brooklyn, Floor 13, New York City, New York 11249, US
About MicroblinkMicroblink is a global leader in AI-powered computer vision software. With a bold vision to bring the benefits of AI to every person on earth, we partner with organizations that believe speed, ease of use, and customer experience are the primary drivers of value.
Do you like to solve problems and create something new? Are you interested in delivering experiences that have a real impact on people and business? Are you curious what role AI has in the overall backend picture?
Sounds like fun? Keep reading.
Here is why this role matters to us
Backend NodeJS Engineers are heavily involved in the product development life cycle from end to end. You will work in a multinational setup with the purpose to guide the consolidation of our backend tech stack around Node JS and related technologies.
Consequently, in this role, you will make key architecture decisions for products currently servicing tens of millions of active end users, at the rate of hundreds or thousands of requests per second. You will have significant latitude to shape the coding style and processes of the backend team as our company, already an enterprise SaaS startup from a revenue standpoint, transitions its engineering practices accordingly. You will be responsible for taking requirements, giving suggestions, and implementing them alongside other engineers with well-defined deadlines.
As a result, you should have a great interest in the continuous learning of new technologies as we highly value agility, stamina and velocity in our engineers.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Create and maintain applications to support a high demand / high traffic product
- Identify bottlenecks, and potential issues, and create solutions to fix them
- Follow established practices and approaches within existing applications
- Collaborate closely with the Product team to improve the functionality of applications
- Work with the technology team across different business operations in the Philippines
You'll be successful in this role if you have
- Have 5+ years as a Backend Engineer
- Have hands-on experience with programming and scripting languages (PHP, Python, SQL)
- Are familiar with writing automated tests for both functions and service endpoints
- Use Redis or similar technology for caching, message and job queues, etc.
- Have hands-on experience building and maintaining enterprise-scale applications
- Have hands-on engineering experience with building and deploying applications on AWS infrastructure
A plus if you also have
- Experience with various database types (Redshift, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB)
- Mentored, coached, and developed team members to bring out the best in them
- Experience in contributing to a self-organizing and collaborative team environment
- Recent experience building enterprise-scale mobile applications
- Competency in automation, enthusiasm for continuous integration/deployment or Chaos Engineering
- Solid Coding practices including good design, unit testing, peer code reviews and a preference for agile methods
- Familiarity with the core concepts surrounding scaling applications platforms
Here’s what you’ll gain if you join us
- This is a highly collaborative role. You’ll have the chance to learn from and influence a wide range of experts: software engineers, product owners and the executive team based in Croatia, US and the Philippines
- Unlimited Time-off
- Fitness and Wellness allowances
- Health card for you and your family
- We take special care of our parent-team members. Benefit from:
- If you are a modern technology lover, we feel you. That’s why we offer you an additional individual budget for tech equipment of your choice
- Together with us, you will build extraordinary and future-oriented products for millions of end-users on all continents with constant growth!
- At Microblink, we nurture a culture that recognizes and rewards success, and is not afraid to try, fail and learn from mistakes. Find out what it feels like to work at Microblink
How can you join us?
If this role sparks your interest, do not hesitate to hit the apply button and send us your resume. We are excited to meet talented people even if you don’t feel that you match 100% of the requirements.
So don’t let that discourage you - get in touch with us and we promise to get back to you.
Microblink LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, from hiring to the end of your business relationship with us. Accordingly, this job advertisement is equally applicable to all people and Microblink will make a hiring decision based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We prohibit discrimination of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws, as well as our internal policies and culture.