- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Data & Analytics
- Post Date: 11/27/2023
- Website: worldly.io
- Company Address: , Kensington, California US
About WorldlyWorldly is the planet’s most comprehensive impact intelligence platform, trusted by 40,000+ major brands, retailers, and manufacturers in fashion, outdoor, home goods, toys and more.
Worldly is the world’s most comprehensive impact intelligence platform — delivering real data to businesses on impacts within their supply chain. Worldly is trusted by 40,000 global brands, retailers, and manufacturers to provide the single source of ESG intelligence they need to accelerate business and industry transformation.
Through strategic and meaningful customer relationships, Worldly provides key insights around supplier performance, product impact, trends analysis, and compliance. When a company wants to change how business is done, we enable that systemic shift.
Backed by a dedicated global team of individuals aligned by values, Worldly proudly operates as a public benefit corporation with backing from mission-aligned investors. Want to learn more? Read our story.
About the Opportunity
Worldly is seeking an Experienced Controller who will be responsible for managing the accounting operations department of the growing organization. Responsibilities will include accountability for all accounting functions of the Company including month end closings, accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury as well as overseeing the payroll, tax, and audit functions. The Controller will report to the CFO and will work directly with other department leaders at Worldly.
What You'll Do
- Lead and oversee all general accounting functions, including the monthly general ledger, consolidated level financial close processes and partner with the FP&A team to provide management reporting. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Verifying and processing payroll
- General ledger maintenance
- Account reconciliations
- Reviewing customer billings
- racking cash and credit payments
- Maintaining bank and treasury relationships
- Managing ecommerce fund accounting via merchant services account
- Proactively and holistically implement continuous improvement opportunities in all areas of responsibility with a focus on scalable and sustainable solutions.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of accounting records and financial systems.
- Manage monthly close process, ensuring timely and accurate completion of all tasks, with attention to reporting and key deadlines.
- In partnership with the FP&A team, ensure timely financial and management reporting to external stakeholders.
- Responsible for the Company’s federal, state, and local tax compliance.
- Maintain formal accounting policies, practices, procedures, and related documentation to ensure US and local GAAP compliance.
- Manage accounting and collection teams.
We'd Like to See
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’ degree (BS/BA) in Accounting; CPA or equivalent required.
- 10+ years of progressive accounting-related experience preferably in the software industry.
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with growing organizations from start-up to mid-size.
- Experience creating scalable and sustainable systems and processes for core financial systems, including a track record of creating lasting efficiencies.
- Deep understanding of GAAP accounting, including revenue recognition, software capitalization, acquisition accounting, consolidation, and audit requirements.
- Act with the highest integrity, we do the right thing without exception.
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Experience in major accounting systems (Quickbooks, Netsuite, Sage/Intacct) and Salesforce.com is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple priorities.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing business environment and have a strong understanding of future needs and plan accordingly.
- Ability to work independently with staff at all levels across the organization.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrated professional or personal interest in social and labor issues and/or environmental sustainability a plus.
What We Can Offer You
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance offered through multiple PPO options. 90% employee premium and 60% spouse/dependent premium covered by Worldly.
- Company sponsored 401k with up to 4% match.
- Incentive Stock Options.
- 100% Parental Paid Leave.
- Unlimited PTO.
- 12 company holidays.
Life at Worldly
Our team is motivated to transform the way products are made. By helping our customers succeed in a new era of sustainable production, we are able to build technology that makes a difference on a planetary level.
Our team represents over 15 countries and brings unique experiences from technology to farming to the table. Surround yourself with kind, enthusiastic, and dedicated people who put collaboration and growth at the center of our shared goals.
Benefits and Perks
- Earn a competitive salary and performance-based bonuses. Get healthcare, retirement matching, and equity for US employees.
- Use the office stipend to get the supplies you need. Combat zoom fatigue with no-meeting Fridays.
- Flexible time off. Take the time you need to recharge. Our culture encourages team members to explore and rest to be their best selves.
- We're remote, not lonely. Join the culture committee, coffee chats, or a variety of other interest groups.
We believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we strive to serve. True innovation happens when everyone has room at the table, including the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel. We’re dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads and works with empathy and respect.
Compensation Information: $150k - $170k base rate + 15% annual bonus