- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Content & Creative Software
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: webflow.com
- Company Address: 398 11th St, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA, 94103
About WebflowWebflow is the way to design, build, and launch powerful websites visually — without coding.
At Webflow, our mission is to bring development superpowers to everyone. Webflow is the leading visual development platform for building powerful websites without writing code. By combining modern web development technologies into one platform, Webflow enables people to build websites visually, saving engineering time, while clean code seamlessly generates in the background. From independent designers and creative agencies to Fortune 500 companies, millions worldwide use Webflow to be more nimble, creative, and collaborative. It’s the web, made better.
We’re looking for a Senior Designer, Community, who shares our passion for design and our mission to inspire and incentivize people to learn web design and development. As the Senior Designer, Community, you’ll be responsible for designing, scaling, and leading design systems that empower our internal team and external community leaders to produce recognizable and impactful content that drives adoption for Webflow.
We’re looking for a highly collaborative designer with a high degree of Webflow knowledge to drive work and advocate for excellent brand storytelling and design craft together with our design team. This role will report to the manager of the Education & Community design team and work directly with the Director of Community & Agency Marketing and their team. Webflow is all about giving development superpowers to everyone — and this role will work to craft creative activations that both show off what’s possible with Webflow and capture the spirit of our Webflow community and its members. This role will work alongside our community team to partner with our agency partners, community members, and brand studio teams to shape our community brand & deliver delightful experiences. We have a community of incredible designers, and you’ll be acting as a liaison between the team and community members to highlight their work while holding a high bar for leading the expansion and growth of the Webflow Community brand.
About the role
- Location: Remote-first (United States; BC & ON, Canada)
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges from $104,000 - $131,000 for most US locations and $115,000 - $145,000 for US locations with a higher cost of labor. All figures cited above are in $USD and pertain to workers located in the United States. Pay is based on several factors including market location, and may vary depending on job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills.
- Reporting to the Manager, Community & Education Design
As a Senior Designer, Community, you’ll:
- Own & Scale Webflow’s Community brand and recognition. You’ll own and deliver Web design experiences that push the community brand to the next level and deliver creative solutions to help improve activation of our users. Everything from creating innovative resources like The flexbox game and shareable cloneables, to owning design for community programs like Global Leaders . These areas include extending the community brand through Webflow development, static design, and more. Your work will extend the Webflow Community brand across integrated & brand campaigns, product launches, and content initiatives — both online and in-person.
- Push Webflow Community’s web experience cross platforms. You’ll own the web experience for Webflow’s community pages and its programs. You'll partner directly with cross-functional teams (Product, Ecosystem, Video Production, Marketing, and others) and are proactive in recognizing areas of opportunity to enhance and expand the Webflow Community web user experience and drive in-app activation/feature adoption. You'll play a pivotal role in evolving and enriching the Webflow Community experience, ensuring that it thrives and expands across all platforms.
- Develop and Design best-in-class websites and web layouts. You’ll push the boundaries of web design by creating designs and resources that can inspire millions of people to connect and learn together on the web. You’ll establish and manage a style guide that maintains our voice, tone, look, and feel while also pushing the bar to what's possible.
- Push the boundaries of what’s possible. Our team enjoys a ton of experimental freedom, and we’re always looking for ways to improve, even when the method isn’t 100% proven. If an idea gets our users excited about learning, we’re interested in trying it. We love bold, aspirational, and sophisticated designs. If it makes someone do a double-take, let’s build it. We use stills, illustrations, scripted videos, unscripted videos, music with video, and clear graphics (plus a billion other things that won't fit here) to reinforce teaching visually.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, at Webflow we will support you in identifying where your interests and development opportunities lie and we'll help you incorporate them into your role.
You’ll thrive as a Senior Designer, Community, if you:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Can provide a portfolio that demonstrates exceptional design skills, attention to detail, and the ability to solve complex problems through elegant solutions.
- Are a self-motivated problem-solver who can manage to work on multiple projects at once.
- Are an innovative creative thinker that likes to push what's possible with design.
- Are an excellent communicator (both verbal and written) with an ability to present your work to peers and key stakeholders.
- Are a Webflow Expert and are able to turn designs into web experiences with interactions and animations.
- Have demonstrated experience creating and upholding brand guidelines.
- Are pragmatic and take an iterative approach to create new learning experiences.
- Have a demonstrated ability to thrive in ambiguity, quickly adapt to changes, manage your time, and prioritize your work in a fast-paced environment.
- Are humble, and respectful, and value team success over personal success.
- Are deeply familiar with design tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Figma and Webflow — and can quickly get up and running in new tools.
- Have the ability to accept feedback and refine your own work with limited supervision.
- Have a can-do, get-it-done attitude.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Research shows that you may still be considered for a role if you meet just half of the requirements.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Obsess over customer experience. We deeply understand what we’re building and who we’re building for and serving. We define the leading edge of what’s possible in our industry and deliver the future for our customers.
- Move with heartfelt urgency. We have a healthy relationship with impatience, channeling it thoughtfully to show up better and faster for our customers and for each other. Time is the most limited thing we have, and we make the most of every moment.
- Say the hard thing with care. Our best work often comes from intelligent debate, critique, and even difficult conversations. We speak our minds and don’t sugarcoat things — and we do so with respect, maturity, and care.
- Make your mark. We seek out new and unique ways to create meaningful impact, and we champion the same from our colleagues. We work as a team to get the job done, and we go out of our way to celebrate and reward those going above and beyond for our customers and our teammates.
Benefits & wellness
- Equity ownership (RSUs) in a growing, privately-owned company
- 100% employer-paid healthcare, vision, and dental insurance coverage for employees and dependents (US; full-time Canadian workers working 30+ hours per week), as well as Health Savings Account/Health Reimbursement Account, dependent on insurance plan selection. Employees also have voluntary insurance options, such as life, disability, hospital protection, accident, and critical illness
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing caregivers, as well as an additional 6-8 weeks of pregnancy disability for birthing parents to be used before child bonding leave. Employees also have access to family planning care and reimbursement.
- Flexible PTO with an mandatory annual minimum of 10 days paid time off, and sabbatical program
- Access to mental wellness coaching, therapy, and Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly stipends to support health and wellness, as well as smart work, and annual stipends to support professional growth
- Professional career coaching, internal learning & development programs
- 401k plan and financial wellness benefits, like CPA or financial advisor coverage
- Commuter benefits for in-office workers
Temporary employees are not eligible for paid holiday time off, accrued paid time off, paid leaves of absence, or company-sponsored perks.
Be you, with us
At Webflow, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Not ready to apply, but want to be part of the Webflow community? Consider following our story on our Webflow Blog, LinkedIn, Twitter, and/or Glassdoor.
To join Webflow, you'll need valid U.S. or Canadian work authorization depending on the country of employment.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.