- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering QA
- Industry: Data & Analytics
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: iodinesoftware.com
- Company Address: 6850 Austin Center Boulevard, Suite 350, Austin, TX 78731 United States
About Iodine SoftwareIodine Software is a healthcare AI company that has pioneered a new machine learning approach — Cognitive Emulation™ — to help healthcare finance leaders build resilient organizations. Founded in 2010, Iodine’s technology unifies clinical concepts, evidence-based medicine, and deep machine learning to power revenue cycle solutions that maximize capture and data accuracy. To date, the Iodine AwareCDI™ Suite has helped nearly 500 hospitals recognize $1.5 billion in additional appropriate reimbursement annually.
Join Us. Let’s make a direct impact in healthcare.
Being an Iodine employee means becoming part of something bigger: using clinical AI technology to drive smarter healthcare processes and positively impact patient care.
Who We Are:
Iodine is an enterprise AI company that is championing a radical rethink of how to create value for healthcare professionals, leaders, and their organizations: automating complex clinical tasks, generating insights, and empowering intelligent care. Powered by one of the largest sets of clinical data and use cases available, our groundbreaking clinical machine-learning engine, Cognitive ML, constantly ingests the patient record to generate real-time, highly focused, predictive insights that clinicians and hospital administrators can leverage to dramatically augment the management of care delivery.
What we’re looking for:
Iodine Software is seeking a seasoned and highly motivated Director of Quality Assurance to lead the QA teams and drive continuous improvement of our software products. The Director of Quality Assurance is responsible for all aspects of Software Testing and quality of industry leading revenue cycle products developed by Iodine including AwareCDI™, AwareRetrospect™ and AwareUM™.
What you’ll do:
- Lead our QA team and drive the continuous improvement of our software products
- Responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive QA strategy, managing the QA team, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure the highest level of product quality
- Develop and implement a comprehensive quality assurance strategy, including measurable goals and objectives
- Establish and maintain QA policies, procedures, and best practices, ensuring they are up-to-date and in line with industry standards
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as development, product management, and customer support, to integrate quality processes throughout the software development lifecycle
- Lead and manage the QA team, providing mentorship, guidance, and performance evaluations
- Drive the adoption of QA automation tools and technologies, including the selection, implementation, and maintenance of testing frameworks and platforms
- Monitor and analyze key quality metrics, identifying trends and areas for improvement
- Conduct root cause analysis for defects and work with relevant teams to implement corrective actions and preventive measures
- Stay current with industry best practices, emerging technologies, and relevant regulations to continuously improve the QA function
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels, providing regular updates on quality initiatives and issues
What we’d love to see:
Minimum Requirements (Education, certifications, and experience):
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 8+ years of experience in software quality assurance, with a proven track record of managing QA teams
- In-depth knowledge of QA methodologies, tools, and best practices, including both manual and automated testing
- Strong understanding of software development processes, such as Agile or Scrum, and experience working in a continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) environment
- Proficiency in at least one programming language and experience with automation and performance testing frameworks (e.g., Cypress, Playwright, k6 etc)
- Expertise in various types of testing, such as functional, performance, security, and usability testing
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze complex issues and identify appropriate solutions
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with diverse teams and stakeholders
- A commitment to continuous improvement and staying current with industry trends and developments
What we offer:
- Health Benefits Package: Medical, Vision, Dental
- Pharmacy Resources
- Savings and Spending Accounts
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Travel Assistance and ID Theft Protection
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Lifestyle Spending Benefit
- Legal Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan and Match
Why should you join Iodine?
This is a unique opportunity to join a close-knit, rapidly growing team and help us improve a key piece of the organization. You will have the opportunity to drive smarter healthcare processes through technology, so hospitals can stay focused on patient care. You will join a passionate and ambitious team, with a proven record of success building multiple companies. Learn more about our company culture on Built In Austin and on our website at www.iodinesoftware.com.
**You must be currently authorized to work full-time in the United States**