- Job Type: Part-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: IT & Developer Tools
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: www.appfire.com
- Company Address: 1500 District Ave, Burlington, Massachusetts 01803, US
About AppfireAn enterprise collaboration software company that helps teams everywhere tackle their biggest challenges by breaking down silos, boosting productivity, modernizing their tech stacks, and adding value to the platforms they already have, such as Atlassian, Salesforce, Microsoft, and monday.com.
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
What You Will Do
- Responsible for monthly closing activities in NetSuite including completion of GL postings, reconciliations, Fixed Assets accounting, Cash accounting, etc. Perform and support General Ledger (GL) journal entries postings, GL and cash account review, maintenance, and analysis, reconciliations, foreign exchange adjustments
- Provide periodic internal and external reports and support ad hoc data requests from management
- Work on AP and AR side to resolve discrepancies, issues, and queries for related accounting issues promptly
- Calculate and post general ledger entries e.g. deferred income tax, accruals, provisions, prepayments
- Vendor payment run
- Credit cards, expense and bank reconciliation
- Audit support
- Cooperating with the payroll service provider,
- Customer invoicing via Chargebee system
- Ensuring vendor invoice processing and payment is timely,
- Be involved in ERP system setup, Coupa, ADP, and issue resolution, Managing tax accounting, preparing regulatory reports, and submitting them to regulatory authorities (Income Declaration, VAT Declaration, Balance Sheet);
- Responsible for VAT reporting and driving necessary VAT changes to ensure the entity's tax compliance.
- Be compliant to country's accounting standards, tax rules, and other local applicable regulations in relation to finance business in Germany
- Office management (post, office supplies etc.)
What We Would Like To See
- min. 4 years of experience in Finance
- Fluent/Upper-Intermediate English and German
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards and procedures, particularly period closing, intercompany accounting, and consolidation
- Experience in financial statements preparation and external audits coordination,
- Excellent ERP finance systems knowledge (e.g. NetSuite, Oracle) and Excel skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and motivated
- Strong numerical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under time pressure, flexibility in action