- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Marketing/PR/Product Mktg
- Industry: Data & Analytics
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: www.northbeam.io
- Company Address: , San Francisco, CA
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About NorthbeamThrough the use of first-party data collection and machine learning, Northbeam delivers actionable insights to DTC and ecommerce brands that result in a clear picture of your customers’ buying behavior.
The Senior Media Strategist at Northbeam is a highly consultative, trusted advisor role that guides our customers to make the most of the Northbeam platform and gain valuable and actionable insights. In this role you will advise customers on their marketing strategies, media buying, and overall industry trends. An understanding of how to best leverage data for decision making and the marketing technology platforms that provide this data is crucial. Customers see the Senior Media Strategist as an industry expert, providing insights that directly impact how they spend millions of dollars per month across various channels. Over time, this role’s main goal is to help customers become more adept at using the Northbeam platform to make informed decisions.
The best candidates for this role enjoy problem solving, working multiple projects simultaneously, engaging and educating customers, and diving into the numbers.
- Work with our most strategic customers to understand what their data is saying and make recommendations on how to modify their media spend or marketing plans
- Conduct “data reviews” to ensure customers understand the various kinds of data Northbeam provides and highlight key insights that the day-to-day marketer may have missed
- Work together with Data Science and Customer Success teams to build Media Mix Modeling solutions for key customers, deliver report insights and recommendations on a cadence
- Become an extension of our customers’ data and media teams – your contributions directly impact how much they are able to take advantage of all Northbeam has to offer
- Provide setup support for early stage customers, ecommerce growth insights for those that are fully onboarded
- Internally influence Northbeam Product and Customer Success teams to push forward tools and system initiatives to improve the customer experience
- Develop a deep understanding of the Northbeam platform, best practices, and how to apply the right feature at the right time
- Managing many customer relationships to positively impact churn (and upsell opportunities)
Required Experience and Skills
- 3+ years in an eCommerce growth marketing role. Ideally handling the media buying for Paid Social advertising
- Experience developing a holistic eCommerce growth strategy through a deep understanding of organic and paid revenue sources
- Experience managing advertising budgets on social media or search platforms in excess of $100,000 per month. Have confidence in scaling and optimizing ad accounts.
- Experience with email marketing preferred
- Experience managing Google advertising budgets preferred
- Agency experience and/or experience in a client-facing role preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or similar experience preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with Shopify, Facebook Ads, Google Analytics and Ads, Klaviyo, Snapchat, Pinterest, TikTok
- Understanding of pros and cons of various in-platform attribution models preferred
- Familiarity with tracking script tags and typical digital marketing setup steps
- Comfortable with typical project management tools
- Comfortable working with Hubspot and other CRM tools
- Proficient in data analytics tools