- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Marketing/PR/Product Mktg
- Industry: IT & Developer Tools
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: www.appfire.com
- Company Address: 1500 District Ave, Burlington, Massachusetts 01803, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About AppfireAn enterprise collaboration software company that helps teams everywhere tackle their biggest challenges by breaking down silos, boosting productivity, modernizing their tech stacks, and adding value to the platforms they already have, such as Atlassian, Salesforce, Microsoft, and monday.com.
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
We’re looking for an experienced Product Marketing leader with a proven track record of driving accelerated growth in a fast growing B2B, SaaS company. You will be a key member of the marketing leadership team reporting to the CMO, helping to define what product marketing means to the organization. In this role you will help position and promote our complex product portfolio, driving topline revenue, market share, adoption, and retention of Appfire products - directly and in close partnership with our ecosystem partners.
The VP of Product Marketing will lead a team of Product Marketing professionals in building the ‘connective tissue’ between Product, Marketing, and Channel Strategy, to translate both product and business objectives into compelling go-to-market strategies. You’ll have extensive experience leveraging data insights and research to understand customer and product trends. You will guide a team to develop clear value propositions, positioning, and messaging that serve as the underpinning to all demand generation campaigns, launch programs, awareness and enablement initiatives. You have experience collecting competitive intelligence to articulate product differentiators, and you’re an expert at establishing strategic relationships with key industry analysts to execute impactful influencer initiatives. You have a demonstrated ability to operationalize your strategy, and to coach and mentor your team to achieve success. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where you are encouraged to think outside of the box and to take chances in the spirit of growth and learning.
What You Will Do:
- Lead and scale a high caliber, results-driven product marketing team
- Understand market trends, customer requirements, usage and buying behavior, and the partner ecosystem to better identify market opportunities and customer demand
- Drive the team to develop a deep understanding of the Appfire product portfolio, our Market, and our Customers through data analysis, market research, and customer research
- Be the Appfire portfolio expert and work with the broader GTM teams to develop sales plays and programs through the lens of x-product solutions and ecosystem partners that help drive net new revenue and expand into existing accounts
- Oversee and provide direction for market segmentation and targeting, product positioning, value propositions and messaging for use by downstream marketing functions such as campaign, demand and content teams
- Guide the development of engaging audience-specific content, including case studies, solution briefs, web content, presentations, data sheets, white papers and sales playbooks that can be utilized globally
- Be responsible for ensuring that our partners are enabled with the appropriate messaging and content they need to effectively establish preference, urgency, and value for Appfire
- Ensure we are effectively engaging our global partner ecosystem to drive adoption, increase app attach rates, and to accelerate Appfire customer acquisition, expansion, and category leadership
- Oversee the product portfolio launch plan and collaborate with product management and demand generation to ensure launches are integrated with campaigns
- Collaborate with leadership across Product and Channel Strategy to drive the evolution of our PLG GTM motion, Channel Partner GTM motion and Ecosystem expansion efforts
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications to establish and leverage industry analyst relationships including scheduling and holding analyst briefings; participating in influencer programs; collecting ongoing market analysis
What We Would Like to See
- Minimum of 15 years Enterprise Software / SaaS marketing experience with 10+ years of senior leadership experience; Large product portfolio management experience preferred.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with a track record of building, managing, and scaling high-performing teams
- Demonstrated excellence in strategic planning and creative thinking skills
- Analytical mindset with the ability to balance customer needs, market opportunities, competitive dynamics, and business to deliver results
- Strong business acumen and understanding of product revenue goals
- Ability to analyze information collected from customer interviews and marketing performance metrics (conversion rates and content consumption) to identify opportunities for GTM optimization
- Ability to build compelling x-product solution narratives and content that aligns with GTM execution strategies
- Ability to navigate culture and politics across multiple functions, interfacing with marketing, product, customer success, and channel management
- Ability to focus and execute in a fast-changing environment; ability to prioritize effectively and make things happen
- Critical thinker with exceptional writing and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel globally for internal and external engagement, as required.
What We Offer
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- 10 paid holidays + Flexible PTO – no set number of days that you must take in a year
- 100% company-paid health insurance
- 50/50 split dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Mobile phone and Internet stipend
- 401(k) Matching Component