- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: IT & Developer Tools
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: www.appfire.com
- Company Address: 1500 District Ave, Burlington, Massachusetts 01803, US
About AppfireAn enterprise collaboration software company that helps teams everywhere tackle their biggest challenges by breaking down silos, boosting productivity, modernizing their tech stacks, and adding value to the platforms they already have, such as Atlassian, Salesforce, Microsoft, and monday.com.
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
Job Purpose and Overview
Technology world grows bigger and faster everyday. Did you know that 150 milion people have GitHub account? Each of these developers make - on average - 1500 commits a year. GitHub is not the only development tool out there, and development tools team intent to rule them all. To support all developers, we’re working on tools making source control management easier and better, from checking whether commits comply with certain rules to integration with most popular continuous integration tools. Powered by Appfire, our start-up vibe is grounded within an established organization. Join us on our journey and experience the freedom and flexibility of working at Development Tools!
What you will do:
- Be a part of a self-organizing, cross-functional product team and cooperate closely with other Software Engineers, Product Manager, Team Leader, UX Designers, and with other specialists like Support Engineers;
- Design, build, and maintain efficient and scalable Java applications;
- Follow and establish the best engineering practices: automated testing, code reviews, pair programming, YBIYRI (you built it you run it);
- Share your thoughts openly and honestly on what would be the best for the customers and the business: you will be part of discussions about the future of our products and Appfire;
- Decide freely about your day and assignments - we do not micromanage people and we do care about work & life balance. Your mental and physical health is important to us;
- Be the change you seek - if you see that something can be improved, suggest how and make it happen (alone or by engaging your colleagues)!
What we would like to see:
- Proven record (3+ years) of delivery of at least a few software development projects or products;
- Hands-on experience with back-end technologies (experience with Java and its frameworks, e.g. Spring is nice-to-have) and/or with front-end;
- Willingness to learn and use multiple technologies (front-end and back-end);
- Truly engineering approach to solving problems. Good theoretical foundations of computer science (e.g. algorithms and computational complexity, OOP) are super practical in the ever-changing landscape of technologies;
- Good understanding of modern Cloud architectures, and practical experience implementing them in GCP, AWS or Azure;
- Solid architectural understanding of web applications, including performance, quality and security aspects;
- Ability to decompose complex problems into well described, realistic to estimate tasks;
- Working English proficiency
What we offer:
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- 25 paid days off, regardless of years of experience
- Private healthcare
- Sofia public transport card5
- Multisport card
- Development opportunities via our Appfire University
Come join us at our new office building!GORA is a new office building located in the heart of the city, within a walking distance from Paradise Mall and Vitosha Metro station. LEED certified GORA offers sustainable and comfortable spaces for the business development of its tenants