- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Marketing/PR/Product Mktg
- Industry: eCommerce Enablement
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: impel.io
- Company Address: 344 S Warren St, Suite 200, Syracuse, New York 13202, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About ImpelImpel offers automotive dealers, wholesalers, OEMs and third-party marketplaces the industry’s most advanced digital engagement platform. The company’s end-to-end omnichannel solution leverages proprietary shopper behavioral data and AI technology to deliver hyper-personalized experiences at every touchpoint across the entire customer journey.
Syracuse preferred, Remote possible
We're transforming the automotive industry and we're in hyper-growth! We just received a $104MM growth equity investment. Are you hungry, driven, relentless, and entrepreneurial? Do you want to be at the forefront of SaaS, generative AI, conversational AI, and more? Ready to be in a hyper-growth environment where progress is lighting-fast, change is constant, results are immediate, and grit, inventiveness, energy, relentlessness, collaboration, and passion are mandatory? Someone who WANTS to be in the trenches, doing and creating directly as much - if not more than - they are 'directing' (as a matter of fact, much more)? If this job is for you, you're as comfortable (and passionate) about developing the best email or paid social campaign in existence as you are establishing and scaling the company's growth marketing strategy and automation capabilities; you're relentless about A/B testing, performance marketing, and data-driven decision-making; and have built demand generation and growth marketing models from the ground up and then scaled them. We're strategic, but have little time for "strategery." If titles and layers and matrices are your thing, you may want to look elsewhere. If you want to spend your days directing and conceptualizing
while others do the work, this may not be a fit. You'll be creating, making, delivering, juggling, and flowing to the work relentlessly. Shaping strategy, building out an organization, analyzing and reporting, and evolving the brand growth marketing and demand generation strategy while you're flowing to the work in a very lean organization. And you'll have loads of fun while doing it. If that STILL sounds like you, read on!
Vice President, Marketing
CMO, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Product, Executive Team, Agencies/vendors
Mission & Vision
We’re harnessing the power of AI to transform automotive retailing. Impel's fully integrated customer lifecycle management platform leverages the industry’s most powerful Large Language Models (LLMs) and Generative AI technology to enable vehicle retailers of all types and sizes to engage, educate, and influence consumers at every touchpoint in the customer lifecycle.
The Director of Growth Marketing leads the company’s demand generation efforts, including digital advertising, SEO and SEM, retargeting, paid social, email marketing, outbound and inbound lead generation and nurturing, social media, events and tradeshows, and content marketing. This position plays a critical role in setting and executing brand strategy in conjunction with company leadership. Impel’s Director of Growth Marketing is a doer who is passionate about growth marketing - driving demand generation strategy, execution, and measurement across all channels.
Relationships – We are dedicated to transparency, open communication and building trust that lasts beyond a transaction.
Grit – We approach every activity and opportunity with tenacity and tireless execution.
Results – We achieve success for our partners and take personal accountability for everything we do.
Energy – We never settle, we constantly seek out new ideas with ambition and enthusiasm.
Inventiveness – We lead with curiosity, which drives us towards continuous learning and innovation.
Passion – We share an entrepreneurial spirit that inspires us to go above and beyond everything we do.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Partner with marketing leadership to develop and execute the overall marketing and brand strategy for the company.
- Drive ongoing demand generation efforts to deliver and increase a robust pipeline of qualified leads, customer acquisition and retention.
- Test, scale and evolve growth marketing and performance marketing efforts, leveraging digital advertising, social media, retargeting, and innovative programs and channels to improve conversion, CAC, and marketing ROI.
- Direct SEO/SEM performance by leverage data and analytics to grow conversions and lead volume while enhancing the positioning and authority of Impel and its key products.
- Lead email marketing execution for prospects and customers, utilizing best-in-class marketing automation and best practices to maximize engagement and conversion results
- Spearhead organic and paid social media strategy and execution, including content marketing efforts.
- Manage and coordinate Impel brand presence, execution, and customer experience at industry trade shows and events.
- Enable sales teams and sales operations success by collaborating on effective CRM utilization, lead management practices, and customer acquisition efforts.
- Contribute to the development and execution of thought leadership initiatives and content to enhance brand reputation and showcase industry innovation.
- Support brand governance and stewardship across the organization.
- Strong understanding of and deep experience with marketing automation and performance marketing strategy, execution, and analytics
- Significant experience with CRM operations, lead management, and analytics
- Mastery of omnichannel digital marketing strategy and execution
- Exceptional content creation and writing skills
- Previous event management experience highly desired
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while solving problems quickly and creatively
- Superior analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to translate into an executable strategic plan
- Ability to influence, persuade and effectively work cross-functionally and up and down the organization with a wide range of skill sets
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Superior time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to learn quickly, lead, react to and adapt to change
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in marketing, communications, or relevant discipline.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ progressive growth B2B digital marketing.
- 6+ years’ experience with managing digital/omni-channel marketing and advertising campaigns.
- 6 years’ experience with marketing automation tools (Hubspot preferred), CRM (Salesforce preferred), Google Analytics, and Google Adwords. Experience with other platforms will be considered.
- Experience with sales enablement, sales automation, and account-based marketing (ABM) platforms desired.
Competitive in geographical markets, globally.