- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Sales & Marketing Software
- Post Date: 11/28/2023
- Website: impact.com
- Company Address: 223 E. De La Guerra St, Santa Barbara, CA, 93101
About ImpactOur partnership management platform automates every type of business partnership, at scale.
At impact.com our culture is our soul. We are passionate about our people, our technology, and obsessed with customer success. Working together enables us to grow rapidly, win, and serve the largest brands in the world. We use cutting edge technology to solve real-world problems for our clients and continue to pull ahead of the pack as the leading SaaS platform for businesses to automate their partnerships and grow their revenue like never before. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture where ambition and curiosity is rewarded. If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, and enjoy working with fun and talented people from all over the world, then this is the place for you!
impact.com, the world’s leading partnership management platform, is transforming the way businesses manage and optimize all types of partnerships—including traditional rewards affiliates, influencers, commerce content publishers, B2B, and more. The company’s powerful, purpose-built platform makes it easy for businesses to create, manage, and scale an ecosystem of partnerships with the brands and communities that customers trust to make purchases, get information, and entertain themselves at home, at work, or on the go. To learn more about how impact.com’s technology platform and partnerships marketplace is driving revenue growth for global enterprise brands such as Walmart, Uber, Shopify, Lenovo, L'Oréal, Fanatics and Levi’s, visit www.impact.com.
Why this role is exciting:
At impact.com, we have an amazing opportunity to leverage machine learning and AI to drive product innovation.
You will work on our core and business products to help shape the future of what we build at Impact. You will enjoy working with our rich data set, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. Partnering with internal and external stakeholders, you will develop new products/features and solve business problems by preparing, analyzing, and understanding data to prototype products/features, deliver insight, predict emerging trends, and provide recommendations to optimize results.
Leaders in Data Science can see different angles of a product or business opportunity, and you know how to connect the dots and interact with people in various roles and functions. You have substantial experience with analytical tools and techniques, and bring a solid skill-set in analyzing data and communicating recommendations. You will deepen your skill-set by working with analytical thought leaders across the company.
With your leadership and professional expertise, you manage a team of data scientists and analysts, plan project goals and lead the overall strategy for your group. You are a recognized authority in your functional area and develop, organize and launch projects that span engineering and analysis.
What you will be doing:
- Lead project teams focusing on ML product development and product analytics. Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of leaders and teams, and work closely with Engineers and Product Managers to identify opportunities for design and to assess improvements for products.
- Oversee machine learning product development projects with hands-on involvement. Build, review, deploy, scale, and enhance operationalized machine learning models and algorithms, including but not limited to Recommender System, NLP, graph neural networks, and time series modeling.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, understand business questions, and formulate quantitative analysis that informs data driven decisions. Build data products (data sets, analysis, models etc.) and tools to drive hypothesis generation and decision making in partnership with engineering and product management teams. Create actionable metrics and design effective experiments.
- Influence functional teams and develop best practices across the organization.
- Communicate and visualize insights to multiple levels of stakeholders with clarity, informing decision-making. Design and create interactive visualization dashboard to facilitate custom analytics, trouble-shooting, data storytelling, and evangelization of ML products to non-technical audiences.
- Contribute to Data Science COE knowledge sharing and documentation. Provide mentorship to junior team members.
- Participate in recruitment and the interview process to grow the team. Onboard and mentor junior team members to help them develop required skills and knowledge to be successful on the team.
Does this sound like you?
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics/Data Science, Physics, Operations Research, Economics or other quantitative Social Science fields. PhD preferred.
- 7-10 years’ of tech industry work experience as a data scientist, statistician, or machine learning engineer. Expert knowledge of advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, and experimentation or causal inference methods.
- Well versed in Python, SQL, Spark and big data query language.
- Extensive knowledge, application, and experience in creating and implementing recommendation systems, machine learning, NLP, statistics, and deep learning
- Proficient with ML model deployment at scale. Experience with automating feedback loops for algorithms/models in production and creating repeatable processes and scalable data products
- Ability to quantify improvements from business efficiency or customer experience based on research outcomes
- Experience forming partnerships and influencing cross-functional leaders in engineering, product, design, or research
- Ability to navigate complex business organizations and manage multiple cross-functional stakeholders. Experience in leading large projects is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
Salary Range: $160,000 - $180,000 per year, plus eligible to receive Restricted Stock Unit (RSU) grant and additional variable annual bonus contingent on Company performance. *This is the pay range the Company believes is equitable for this position at the time of this posting. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position, and the Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work hours
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Free Affiliate & Partnerships Industry Fundamentals Certification by PXA
- Catered lunch every Thursdays, a healthy snack bar, and great coffee to keep you fueled
- Flexible spending accounts and 401(k)
- An employee-led culture team that plans our happy hours, parties, and other events to celebrate our many successes
- An established company with a cool, high-velocity work ethos, where each person can make a difference!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.