- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Marketing/PR/Product Mktg
- Industry: Financial Technology
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: go.givecampus.com
- Company Address: 99 M St SE, Suite 233, Washington, District of Columbia 20003, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About GiveCampusGiveCampus is the world's #1 fundraising platform for non-profit educational institutions. Trusted by millions of donors and more than 1,000 colleges, universities, and K-12 schools, our mission is to advance the quality, the affordability, and the accessibility of education.
GiveCampus is the world's leading fundraising platform for non-profit educational institutions. Trusted by 1,300+ colleges, universities, and K-12 schools, our mission is to help advance the quality, the affordability, and the accessibility of education. We received a seed investment from Y Combinator in 2015 and have pursued a strategy of "Sustainable Growth" ever since: achieving six consecutive years of profitability and positive cash-flow while more than quadrupling our revenue, our customer base, and our team. In 2022, we raised $50 million to accelerate the next stage of our growth.
Through The GiveCampus Social Mobility Initiative, we've donated $1 million in free fundraising support for programs that help low-income students, first-generation students, and underrepresented minorities. And in 2022 and 2023, we were named to Y Combinator's Top Companies list and the Inc. 5000 list of America's fastest-growing private companies.
While we operate at meaningful scale (we've facilitated more than $3.5 billion in charitable giving), we’re still small relative to the commercial and social good opportunities in front of us. Every GiveCampus employee has a substantial impact on our trajectory, and we're growing to help schools achieve even greater results.
Our purpose-driven team of 90+ is located across the US: team members work from anywhere they choose. We have a beautiful 12,000sf office in Washington, DC that is available for people to use whenever they want, and we regularly organize team meet-ups, events, and retreats in various locations. We're looking to expand our team with diverse and collaborative doers who believe in our mission and the transformative power of affordable, high-quality education.
We are looking for an experienced customer marketer who is excited to help shape the GiveCampus customer marketing strategy. You will support the goals of product adoption, utilization, cross-sell, and retention; drive customer advocacy and references; and support and highlight the work of our partner institutions.
As Customer Marketer, you will:
- Develop and execute GiveCampus customer marketing efforts to drive greater product adoption, utilization, cross-sell, and retention.
- Set current customer business growth goals with leadership, and analyze, report on, and make recommendations for customer marketing campaigns based on the efforts that prove most impactful.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the GiveCampus platform and the educational fundraising space and use this knowledge to execute creative and relevant campaigns that drive engagement, adoption, retention, and growth.
- Manage and execute customer communications ranging from email and webinar content creation to management of our online customer community.
- A passion for working at a mission-driven organization to advance the quality, accessibility, and affordability of education.
- Knowledge of educational fundraising best practices, or eagerness to quickly learn the challenges, opportunities and strategies that GiveCampus customers navigate.
- The belief that to truly understand the needs of our customers, you must also deeply understand how our platform works.
- 5+ years of experience driving customer marketing at a B2B or EdTech company OR 5+ years experience within a fundraising organization.
- Experience working with a marketing tech stack that includes marketing automation (HubSpot experience is a bonus), Salesforce, and events marketing platforms.
- The ability to be nimble, flexible, and collaborative, and balance and prioritize multiple initiatives while managing expectations in a fast-paced — but always fun — environment.
Here is what success looks like in this role. By the 3-month mark, you will:
- Understand the distinct needs and challenges of educational fundraisers, and how those needs sometimes differ between higher ed and K12 institutions and different fundraiser personas.
- Demonstrate a detailed working knowledge of all of the fundraising solutions within the GiveCampus platform.
- Outline a strategy to achieve our 1) cross-sale forecast and 2) our goals for product adoption and utilization, and begin implementing tactics in line with this strategy.
- Establish productive and collaborative relationships with the teammates on whom you’ll rely to be successful.
- Align on OKRs with colleagues in Sales and Partner Success to and begin regularly reporting out on your progress.
At the 12-month mark, you will have meaningfully:
- Increased the percentage of GiveCampus schools utilizing all GiveCampus solutions and the value they derive from each.
- Increased the number of qualified cross-sell demos and pipeline produced.
- Supported and maintained industry-leading renewal rates (gross retention, net retention, and logo retention)
At GiveCampus, we value diversity and we pledge to foster an environment of support, inclusivity, and learning, both on the job and throughout the application process. In this spirit, we encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
GiveCampus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are not discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
If you feel like you don't meet all of the requirements for this role, please apply anyways. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome often get in the way of connecting with incredible people, and we don't want them to prevent us from meeting you.