- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Sales & Marketing Software
- Post Date: 11/28/2023
- Website: impact.com
- Company Address: 223 E. De La Guerra St, Santa Barbara, CA, 93101
About ImpactOur partnership management platform automates every type of business partnership, at scale.
If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, and enjoy working with fun and talented people from all over the world then this is the place for you.
If you have a desire to work in an organisation that is:
- Passionate about its people
- Focused on delivering the very best tech to our customers
- Offering the flexibility to work how and where you are most successful
- Obsessed with our customer’s success
- The leading SaaS platform to automate partnerships - affiliate, influencer, technology partners, and more!
- Entrepreneurial in spirit with a culture that rewards collaboration and curiosity
- Obsessed with making a difference in business and to the wider community
Impact is the global leader in Partnership Automation, working with innovative brands like Ticketmaster, Levi’s, Microsoft, Airbnb, and Uber to help them manage their online affiliate, influencer, brand to brand, and content partnerships. The Impact Partnership Cloud covers the full life partnership lifecycle including onboarding, tracking ads and paying partners, recruiting for new partners, data and marketing intelligence, and protection from fraud. Founded in 2008, Impact has grown to over 500 employees and ten offices across Europe, the United States, Africa, and Asia so there is plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement.
Your Role at Impact:
Are you as obsessed with data as we at Impact.com are? Then this could be for you. As the Data Infrastructure Engineer you will work within Impact's Data Group and will be responsible for Infrastructure related to the Data Platform. You will also be working in the Google Cloud environment supporting all technology used by various squads ranging from Cloudera administration, HDFS / Impala, Kafka, Big Query, and our various clusters.
What You'll Do:
- Manage daily operations, processes, and projects relating to Cloud (GCP) infrastructure.
- Communicate with multiple squads and compile both business and technical expertise in each.
- Support the technical infrastructure working closely with all internal clients and stakeholders.
- Use technologies like puppet, terraform, or ansible to automate deployments.
- Administration, basic/advanced troubleshooting, and solution providing.
- Ensure monitoring on all production/critical devices and services via LogicMonitor, OpsGenie, others.
- Participate in on-call rotation. Ensure continuous uptime of company products.
- Respond and assist internal clients with any technical enquiries.
- Deployment of database and hadoop products.
- Manage Production backups, disaster recovery, replication to staging.
- Administration and basic/advanced troubleshooting of networking, load balancing, storage, server hardware, linux.
- Create scripts to automate ad hoc tasks. (python/ruby/bash).
- Knowledge of Java runtime environments and how it behaves.
- Basic knowledge and administration of databases.
What You Have:
- 5+ years experience working in highly available global technology infrastructure in a collaborative environment, preferably with some leadership.
- 5+ years working in Linux System Administration.
- 3+ years Virtual infrastructure - Google Cloud preferred.
- 3+ years Systems and networks infrastructure, including design & architecture.
- 3+ years Hadoop use and administration.
- 2+ years Database administration / SQL.
- Knowledge of Network and Internet protocols (TCP, UDP and HTTP).
- Configuration management tools (e.g. puppet).
- Scripting languages (bash, python, ruby, etc.)
- Experience working with Load Balancers.
- Casual work environment, including working from home
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Take the time off that you need. We are truly committed to a positive work-life balance, recognising that it is important to be happy and fulfilled in both
- 6 month paternity/maternity leave
- Training & Development
- Learning the advanced partnership automation products
- Medical Aid and Provident Fund
- Group schemes with Discovery & Bonitas for medical aid
- Group scheme with Momentum for provident fund
- Restricted Stock Units
- 3-year vesting schedule pending Board approval
- Internet Allowance
- Fitness club fee reimbursements
Impact is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or non-binary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.