- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Data & Analytics
- Post Date: 05/23/2023
- Website: iodinesoftware.com
- Company Address: 6850 Austin Center Boulevard, Suite 350, Austin, TX 78731 United States
About Iodine SoftwareIodine Software is a healthcare AI company that has pioneered a new machine learning approach — Cognitive Emulation™ — to help healthcare finance leaders build resilient organizations. Founded in 2010, Iodine’s technology unifies clinical concepts, evidence-based medicine, and deep machine learning to power revenue cycle solutions that maximize capture and data accuracy. To date, the Iodine AwareCDI™ Suite has helped nearly 500 hospitals recognize $1.5 billion in additional appropriate reimbursement annually.
Join Us. Let’s make a direct impact in healthcare.
Being an Iodine employee means becoming part of something bigger: using clinical AI technology to drive smarter healthcare processes and positively impact patient care.
Who We Are:
Iodine is an enterprise AI company that is championing a radical rethink of how to create value for healthcare professionals, leaders, and their organizations: automating complex clinical tasks, generating insights, and empowering intelligent care. Powered by one of the largest sets of clinical data and use cases available, our groundbreaking clinical machine-learning engine, Cognitive ML, constantly ingests the patient record to generate real-time, highly focused, predictive insights that clinicians and hospital administrators can leverage to dramatically augment the management of care delivery.
What we’re looking for:
The Platform Engineering team at Iodine is responsible for the core Data Processing and ML Engine that is foundational to all industry leading mid-revenue cycle products developed by Iodine including AwareCDI™, AwareRetrospect™ and AwareUM™. The Senior Director of Platform Engineering is responsible for leading the engineering teams responsible for the core Data Processing and ML Engine.
What you’ll do:
- Own all engineering for core data ingestion, data processing and model inference services capable of processing terabytes of data with high reliability, scalability, and quality
- Hire, coach and mentor a world class engineering team capable of solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Data Science and Engineering leadership to define the technical vision and roadmap for core platform services
- Nurture a high-performance engineering culture with focus on shipping the roadmap with focus on quality and performance
- Put in place state of the art monitoring and alerting to proactively detect system failures and service degradation in alignment with customer SLAs
- Communicate with customers and customer-facing teams as needed to solve problems, present solution designs, and seek feedback
What we’d love to see:
Minimum Requirements (Education, certifications, and experience):
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years Software Engineer experience
- Minimum of 5 years managing a team
- Proven track record as an engineering leader in high growth SaaS product organizations
- Experience managing one or more engineering teams shipping software roadmap in an agile fashion
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to customers and business partners
- Extensive experience building and running large scale distributed data processing systems
- Experience building cloud-native systems in hybrid cloud environments and working with MLOps and event-driven architectures
- Thorough understanding of design, development and operation of high performance, highly scalable and reliable systems
- Comfortable working in a technical stack that includes Java, Python, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Postgres, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Redis, ClearML, Triton, H2O while being hands-on with the engineering teams reviewing code, designs and troubleshooting issues
- MS in Computer Science or related field preferred
What we offer:
● Health Benefits Package: Medical, Vision, Dental
● Pharmacy Resources
● Savings and Spending Accounts
● Life & AD&D Insurance
● Disability Insurance
● Travel Assistance and ID Theft Protection
● Accident Insurance
● Critical Illness Insurance
● Hospital Indemnity Insurance
● Pet Insurance
● Employee Assistance Program
● Lifestyle Spending Benefit
● Legal Plan
● 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan and Match
Why should you join Iodine?
This is a unique opportunity to join a close-knit, rapidly growing team and help us improve a key piece of the organization. You will have the opportunity to drive smarter healthcare processes through technology, so hospitals can stay focused on patient care. You will join a passionate and ambitious team, with a proven record of success building multiple companies. Learn more about our company culture on Built In Austin and on our website at www.iodinesoftware.com.
At Iodine Software, we don’t just accept DIFFERENCE — we celebrate it, we support it, and we flourish on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. We pride ourselves to be an equal opportunity workplace and are an affirmative action employer and member of E-verify.