- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: eCommerce Enablement
- Post Date: 05/23/2023
- Website: impel.io
- Company Address: 344 S Warren St, Suite 200, Syracuse, New York 13202, US
About ImpelImpel offers automotive dealers, wholesalers, OEMs and third-party marketplaces the industry’s most advanced digital engagement platform. The company’s end-to-end omnichannel solution leverages proprietary shopper behavioral data and AI technology to deliver hyper-personalized experiences at every touchpoint across the entire customer journey.
Mission & Vision
We transform how vehicle sellers engage, educate, and interact with shoppers across the entire customer journey, by harnessing the power of digital technology and data. We deliver the world’s most engaging customer experiences for vehicle sellers of every type and size.
Impel is seeking data scientists specializing in computer vision to join the fast-growing team in our Tbilisi, Georgia office, where you’ll work alongside talented software engineers and collaborate with colleagues in Georgia and the United States. You will maintain and enhance computer vision models used by millions of consumers worldwide, in addition to developing innovative new models. You’ll participate in every aspect of computer vision software development, from model design and training to deployment and hosting on modern AWS infrastructure, to integration with Impel’s web and mobile applications.
Relationships – We are dedicated to transparency, open communication and building trust that lasts beyond a transaction.
Grit – We approach every activity and opportunity with tenacity and tireless execution.
Results – We achieve success for our partners and take personal accountability for everything we do.
Energy – We never settle, we constantly seek out new ideas with ambition and enthusiasm.
Inventiveness – We lead with curiosity, which drives us towards continuous learning and innovation.
Passion – We share an entrepreneurial spirit that inspires us to go above and beyond everything we do.
- Maintain existing computer vision models.
- Develop new CV models.
- Perform MLOps to deploy, host and monitor CV models, using AWS cloud services
- Collaborate with product owners and engineers to integrate CV models with Impel’s web and mobile applications
- 2 years of professional experience as a data scientist or ML engineer
- Hands-on experience with ML model development and MLOps
- Knowledge of computer vision
- Knowledge of multiple machine learning frameworks
- Experience with Amazon SageMaker or related cloud ML services
- Comfortable with Linux command line, Git, and iPython/Jupyter notebooks
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in computer science or a related field
- Knowledge of Python, including OpenCV, Scikit-learn, and Keras or PyTorch
- Deep knowledge of computer vision and deep learning algorithms and architectures including CNN, LSTM, GAN etc.