- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: IT & Developer Tools
- Post Date: 11/27/2023
- Website: gearset.com
- Company Address: The Bradfield Centre, Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB4 0GA, GB
About GearsetGearset is the only platform you need for unparalleled Salesforce deployment success, continuous delivery, automated testing and backups.
As a Principal Software Engineer at Gearset you'll join a passionate and experienced cross-functional development team with a laser focus on quality - from infrastructure, to code, to user experience. The features you build will make thousands of businesses around the world more effective.
As one of the most capable engineers in the business, your contributions will go well beyond your individual work, with opportunities to drive and shape best practice both within your team and across the organisation as well as becoming a technical authority on your areas of work.
Working as a Principal Software Engineer at Gearset, you will:
- Maintain and extend existing features, and collaborate with the rest of the development team to spec, design and build new features end-to-end
- Learn from, and share your experience with, a great team from a wide range of backgrounds
- Become familiar with a pragmatically-chosen tech stack, including a mix of proven technologies such as C#, React, Kubernetes, AWS and TeamCity
- Work closely with users, delighting them with support, researching new features and soliciting feedback
- Contribute opinions on a range of topics, from development practices to product strategy and roadmap
You'll be a good fit if you:
- Have solid experience working as a software engineer at a commercial company
- Can write code and solve complex problems.
- Write well-structured, testable code, with a focus on simplicity and maintainability
- Care about quality, not only of the code you write, but of the product you're building
- Are comfortable with both frontend and backend development
- Enjoy working with a collaborative team of varied disciplines, including software developers, designers, marketers and salespeopleHave an enthusiasm for working directly with users to build and deliver the right features
- Are a skilled software developer and have an innate desire to learn and improve
Nice to haves:
- Experience working on a hosted product
- Experience working in an agile development team, following software engineering best practices
Salary, benefits, and hours:
- Salary is negotiable depending on experience
- You’ll work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in our Belfast office, with the option of flexible home working
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Personal L&D budget of up to £1500 per year
- Company Pension Plan (matching up to 5%)
- Bupa health care
- Life Insurance & Critical Illness cover
- Flexible working hours
- Free lunch in the office
- Health and wellness benefits
Gearset is the leading DevOps solutions for the millions of people developing on Salesforce, the world's biggest CRM. We’ve the fast paced exciting environment of a start-up, with the success, stability, and ambition of a scale up.
In a few short years, we’ve rocketed from a 7 person start-up to over 180 people, and have become the DevOps solution of choice for some of the world’s biggest companies, including IBM, McKesson, and even Salesforce themselves. In the last 18 months we’ve opened offices in Belfast and Chicago, alongside our Cambridge (UK) HQ.
We’re proud of what we’ve built and how we’ve built it. We work as a team, where attributes of trust, openness and honesty are key, as they allow us to have a feedback-driven culture that keeps us improving to deliver the best solution for our customers.
Alongside our Glassdoor score of 4.8/5, and customer G2 scores of 4.7/5, we recently received three awards from Best Companies UK in 2022. This includes being a Top 5 Company to work for in the East of England, UK Top 5 Best Mid-Sized Company and Top 5 Best Technology Company to work for in the whole of the UK. We also won a special award for Learning & Development that reflects our ongoing commitment to the personal goals and ambitions of our employees.
We hire people, not job descriptions. Sometimes the right candidates won’t hit everything on a job advert. So if you’re reading this and think that you genuinely have the experience and skills we need, but don’t meet all the requirements, please still submit your application with a note detailing how your experience, attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps.